Arc Fault mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris1971

Is the bathroom protected by a newer combo unit AFCI/GFCI? IDK, if QO has them.
What style of fixtures in the bath? Can you check the leakage current?

For the saw, run a cord to the neighbors house.

Square D QO dual function circuit breakers are available. We installed two a few weeks ago.

peter d

Not if you splice what you can. (Neutrals, grounds, pigs tails). While not the complete picture, you have some idea before hand, and the home run gets the hot counted to. The next time is when everything is roughed in.

I'm not going to argue the merit of meggering new wiring. I think it's a good idea. I'm simply stating the economic reality of new residential work. Extra time means extra money and the vast majority of electricians in that market wouldn't know a megger if it hit them in the side of the head.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
I'm not going to argue the merit of meggering new wiring. I think it's a good idea. I'm simply stating the economic reality of new residential work. Extra time means extra money and the vast majority of electricians in that market wouldn't know a megger if it hit them in the side of the head.

It comes out cheaper in the long run when an error is caught before hand. Unlike a GFCI, and AFCI will not trip until load is applied. It can save in call backs. Unfortunately I do agree, meggers aren't something all electricians own or use.

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
Not if you splice what you can. (Neutrals, grounds, pigs tails). While not the complete picture, you have some idea before hand, and the home run gets the hot counted to. The next time is when everything is roughed in.

We'll meter and/or meg after rough @ the panel , all our branches are made thru the circuit, with a few sw legs that may get left out ....(no biggie)

Then we'll install one of these in the panel>

suntouch-meter.jpg

~RJ~

Status
Not open for further replies.