User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: NABCEP PV Associate

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    NABCEP PV Associate

    Hello everyone,

    I am super interested in obtaining the NABCEP PV Associate credential. Does anyone have recommendations for online training courses that would qualify me to sit for the exam? Any study resource references would also be valuable.

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX, USA
    Posts
    10,905
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FA1289 View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I am super interested in obtaining the NABCEP PV Associate credential. Does anyone have recommendations for online training courses that would qualify me to sit for the exam? Any study resource references would also be valuable.

    Thank you!
    Have you looked here? http://www.nabcep.org/associate

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I have, but there are so many providers, and a handful that offer online courses, so I am wondering if anyone has used the online courses or may know any reputable companies... I am new to this. '

    Any insight on the value of obtaining this credential + study material would also be helpful.

    Thanks for any tips!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any PV install experience or is this totally new to you?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,264
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Northern illinois
    Posts
    17,422
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FA1289 View Post
    Thanks! I have, but there are so many providers, and a handful that offer online courses, so I am wondering if anyone has used the online courses or may know any reputable companies... I am new to this. '

    Any insight on the value of obtaining this credential + study material would also be helpful.

    Thanks for any tips!
    do you care if you actually learn anything or are you just looking to pass the test so you can get a resume building certificate?
    Bob

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.solarenergy.org

    They have a nabcep cert after 2 online classes and it includes the test in the price.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX, USA
    Posts
    10,905
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbarrett View Post
    https://www.solarenergy.org

    They have a nabcep cert after 2 online classes and it includes the test in the price.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just to be clear, if this is the same as what used to be called the NABCEP Entry Level, it won't do much if anything for you. When AHJ's ask for a NABCEP certification, they are referring to the Solar Professional certification, which is significantly harder to get.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not taken these classes, just showing the info for the thread.

    NEW! NABCEP PV Associate Exam
    PREP PACKAGE $1495 – Includes PVOL101, PVOL203 and the NABCEP PV Associate Exam
    (Computer Based Testing)! Please CLICK HERE or call 970-527-7657 option 1 to register today!

    SEI Contact Training hours: 60 credit hours


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got lots of members of my organization who are working through the SEI courses currently. They seem to be enjoying it.

    I took my entry and Professional level course work in person at Solar Living Institute several years ago. Some of their prepared slides were a little outdated at the time, but I loved the personal interaction with the instructor.

    IMO the Entry Level (it's name when I took it) was essentially a vocabulary test. If you've been working in the industry for a while you should be able to pass it. That being said, I don't think there is a ton of value in just the entry level. The Professional Level required much more prep.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •