Receptacles at Pole Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAWGS

Does anyone see any issues with mounting bell boxes on 25' aluminum light poles for a receptacle? I would drill a 7/8" hole and install a close nipple and splice wiring in pole base hand hole. I've seen it done many times and also seen poles reefed by drilling the pole. I am not supplying the poles and do not know who the manufacturer is to be able to get permission in writing. Thanks.

jumper

If the poles are not ordered yet I would get poles that already have receptacles.

They make them for resi and commercial.

Listing issues with drilling the poles and if these poles are round, then properly sealing the boxes, pole, and nipple is going to be a PITA.

DAWGS

If the poles are not ordered yet I would get poles that already have receptacles.

They make them for resi and commercial.

Listing issues with drilling the poles and if these poles are round, then properly sealing the boxes, pole, and nipple is going to be a PITA.

Poles are already on the job. Owner supplied. They actually came from the scrap yard, but are brand new.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I would not use a bell box, they do not last long, at least here in Seattle. I would go for a mallable FS box, drill a 1/8" hole in the bottom, use SS mounting hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.