Low voltage swiching for lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryalan

Occupation
electrician
low voltage switch

low voltage switch

Sierra Electric low voltage light switches, switchplates and relays were installed in mid-century homes built between 1940 and 1980 and were also known as "Square D" or Despard low voltage switches. Sierra went out of business in the early 1980s and was purchased by Pass & Seymour.
i did a job recently that required taking a switch apart as the homeowner had gotten some paint inside causing the switch to stick closed which in turn burnt the relay.

jumper

Sierra Electric low voltage light switches, switchplates and relays were installed in mid-century homes built between 1940 and 1980 and were also known as "Square D" or Despard low voltage switches. Sierra went out of business in the early 1980s and was purchased by Pass & Seymour.
i did a job recently that required taking a switch apart as the homeowner had gotten some paint inside causing the switch to stick closed which in turn burnt the relay.

Nice post, well done on answering.:thumbsup:

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety

You forgot to mention that replacement switches are still available here, although without the light.

jerryalan

Occupation
electrician
You forgot to mention that replacement switches are still available here, although without the light.

iwas thinking more along the lines of cleaning the switches instead of replacing them. i've found that if i can get-er-done right during the initial service call without having to come back later is the most profitable scenario for me.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
iwas thinking more along the lines of cleaning the switches instead of replacing them. i've found that if i can get-er-done right during the initial service call without having to come back later is the most profitable scenario for me.

No argument here, but it looks like the OP is already making a second trip; I doubt he's been camping there this whole time! He didn't mention exactly why he needed the info, but since did ask if they were "still available" it sounds like something is busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.