section 210.52(C) question

Status
Not open for further replies.

haitham

Hi Guys
actually I cant understand specially may be cus English isnt my native tongue ,anyway this is my question :

wanna differentiate between countertop spaces sections (c) 1,2,3,4
c 1 it said that no more than 600 mm , c 2 , 3 said 600 mm or greater ?

is countertop mean no receptacles mounter on wall neither floor ?

if that's right , so that this receptacles have to be suitable for such installing, to be waterpoof ,GFCI protection ......

thank you

haitham

and , according to section 210.50 spacing have to be within 1.8 m from the equipment not 600 mm ,how to differentiate between it ?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
210.52(C)(1) is referring to countertop spacing of receptacles. (C)(2 & 3) refers to islands and peninsulas and C(4) mentions countertops that are not continuous and explains how to space receptacles.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

haitham

Thank u Dennis Alwon, it's clear now
but why space between two receptacles taken as 48inch ,is it according a certain rule ?,or by sense

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
but why space between two receptacles taken as 48inch ,is it according a certain rule ?,or by sense

The rule is that no point along the wall can be more than 24" from a receptacle which makes the maximum spacing 48".

iwire

Staff member

The rule is that no point along the wall can be more than 24" from a receptacle which makes the maximum spacing 48".

To add to infinity's post the reason for NEC requiring that spacing is because American kitchen appliances have 24" cords on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.