Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Easy Square D Powerlink question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iceworm View Post
    just curious:
    Has anyone responding here actually read the operating manual?
    Yes I actually googled and tried to find the specs and read what I could but it was never mentioned in what I found, maybe because its such a basic question. There are like 36 different buildings at the campus I work at so I'll find one that has the same system tomorrow where there aren't a lot of people and try turning off some breakers and see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcap View Post
    Yes I actually googled and tried to find the specs and read what I could but it was never mentioned in what I found, maybe because its such a basic question. There are like 36 different buildings at the campus I work at so I'll find one that has the same system tomorrow where there aren't a lot of people and try turning off some breakers and see what happens.
    Found this on-line in some promotional literature:
    Principles of Operation The core of a POWERLINK AS circuit breaker is the highly effectiveSquare D trip mechanism. A 24 Vdc motor, along with a drive train andlinkage, provides remote operation capability. This motor is located in theleft pole of the 2-pole circuit breaker and the center pole of the 3-pole circuitbreaker.When the circuit breaker handle is in the on position, the motor and drivetrain can open and close the contacts. When the handle is in the off positionor the circuit breakers is tripped, the contacts cannot be closed remotely.

The auto/manual switching mode selector on the front of the circuit breakerprovides mechanical override capability. In manual mode, the motor drivetrain is disconnected from the contacts. The circuit breaker handle thenoperates the contacts like a conventional circuit breaker.
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.