User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Home Office

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBoone View Post
    That would be a great investment for me..noise cancelling headset...what brand do you recommend?
    bose QC on ear or around ear are nice. bear in mind they wont cancel 100% of noise. but they certainly take the edge off.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    539
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drktmplr12 View Post
    bose QC on ear or around ear are nice. bear in mind they wont cancel 100% of noise. but they certainly take the edge off.

    Thanks!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,174
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes i've a home office, no i don't claim it for taxes ~RJ~

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Livonia, Michigan
    Posts
    422
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBoone View Post
    For those of you that do not have a dedicated home office space, what do you do to have a quiet place to work on estimates and bids?
    Just in my bedroom with my laptop. I spread the papers on my bed and figure stuff out. It usually doesn't take me long because I have a formula that usually works well and comes out with a fair price for most of my bids.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bowmanville, Canada
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by romex jockey View Post
    yes i've a home office, no i don't claim it for taxes ~RJ~
    Why wouldn't you claim it??

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    539
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff48356 View Post
    Just in my bedroom with my laptop. I spread the papers on my bed and figure stuff out. It usually doesn't take me long because I have a formula that usually works well and comes out with a fair price for most of my bids.
    I have been doing the same thing...kitchen table, dining room table, bedroom, etc... To me the hardest part has been not being able to leave my papers spread because I have to move them out of the way for bed time, supper time, etc. it can be difficult to keep things organized.

    We are in the process of getting a loan to build a house and I will have a small office space there. It won’t be very big but it’s enough for me to have a desk, computer, file cabinets, etc. I can leave papers spread out, leave blue prints spread out. I think that is going to be so nice And help me stay organized and efficient.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Livonia, Michigan
    Posts
    422
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBoone View Post
    I have been doing the same thing...kitchen table, dining room table, bedroom, etc... To me the hardest part has been not being able to leave my papers spread because I have to move them out of the way for bed time, supper time, etc. it can be difficult to keep things organized.

    We are in the process of getting a loan to build a house and I will have a small office space there. It won’t be very big but it’s enough for me to have a desk, computer, file cabinets, etc. I can leave papers spread out, leave blue prints spread out. I think that is going to be so nice And help me stay organized and efficient.
    Awesome! Just be sure to close the door to your office so your cat doesn't get into it and mess up your papers.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    539
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff48356 View Post
    Awesome! Just be sure to close the door to your office so your cat doesn't get into it and mess up your papers.

    Sounds like maybe you’ve had experience with a cat destroying your office??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •