Switchgear, Busways, Cable Trays, MI some pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFletcher

What kind of money are we talking about for an install like that? The service, switchgear, panels, conduit, wire, labor, etc. How many thousands of hours of labor? It is a very nice installation, something you can proud of being a part of.

iwire

Staff member
What kind of money are we talking about for an install like that? The service, switchgear, panels, conduit, wire, labor, etc. How many thousands of hours of labor? It is a very nice installation, something you can proud of being a part of.

I really do not know the specifics but I think they had 10 to 20 guys out there for about a year.

iwire

Staff member
This is insane! The foreman's brain must have look like a thousand pounds of tangled up spaghetti by the end.

I have known this foreman for almost 20 years, he is an orginzed guy and has done many complex projects. Usually under tight deadlines.

I'm unfamiliar with the copper gas line running into the top of the panels.?

Those are individual 480 volt conductors in fire resistant MI cable. Tough to work with but will survive at least two hours in a fire.

Don't try to tap a water line into them, you will have a bad day.

jusme123

Occupation
JW
...thanks for sharing the pics Bob. Nice, neat, workmanlike, professional, and a job to be proud of...... are a couple of things that come to mind. Tell the boys, well done!

jusme123

Occupation
JW
...oh, and tell them to go back and put some straps on those kicks feeding TF 'ers in 10th pic :p

Pizza

I'm no estimator but with not knowing specifics I would guess at minimum 2 mil.

JFletcher

Bob, you mentioned a 'locomotive' generator. I'm guessing by the switchgear it's a Cat - 12, 16 cyl? 1 or 2?

I didnt even recognize the MI cable; first time I've seen it. At first I was thinking they were water lines for water-cooled gear lol.

rusty nail

New User
rusty nail

rusty nail

Nice job. I haven't seen work like that since I left my job this afternoon. It is nice to see there are still quality contractors still out there. Keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.