Tamper Resistant in Dormitory rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Not sure if you noticed but they are also now printing LEGRAND on the face of the switches and receptacles.

kwired

Electron manager
Yes they were. I didnt get the memo. Still terrible, the only thing they blend in better with is standard outlets. I cant believe customers or ECs complained about the shudder color.
You need to be an interior designer to understand:happyyes:

Their primary choice would be no receptacles at all, but they still want to be able to plug about anything imaginable in.:huh:

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
I would say not required as not included in the listing of the type of occupancy.
That is my 2 cents worth.

kwired

Electron manager
TR is only required by NEC in dwelling units, guest rooms or suites of hotels/motels, or child care facilities.

NEC defines dwelling units and guest rooms/suites in art 100, child care facilities is subject to interpretation. I know some AHJ's are requiring TR in areas normally occupied by children under 7 years of age in schools and other facilities, maybe not the entire school but this means in the kindergarten classroom, the preschool classroom, maybe first grade classrooms.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
TR is only required by NEC in dwelling units, guest rooms or suites of hotels/motels, or child care facilities.

NEC defines dwelling units and guest rooms/suites in art 100, child care facilities is subject to interpretation. I know some AHJ's are requiring TR in areas normally occupied by children under 7 years of age in schools and other facilities, maybe not the entire school but this means in the kindergarten classroom, the preschool classroom, maybe first grade classrooms.
And that is exactly what that definition of "child care facility" requires, as I read it.
406.2 Definition
Child Care Facility. A building or structure, or portion thereof, for educational, supervisory, or personal care services for more than four children 7 years old or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.