Furniture Receptacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Says these receptacles are furnished by others which I believe is usually the case if I remember correctly from way back.

Isn't there usually a raceway within the furniture to house the wires? I don't think it's pre-wired and I'm wondering about protecting the wires with FMC if need be.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 0

luckylerado

Says these receptacles are furnished by others which I believe is usually the case if I remember correctly from way back.

Isn't there usually a raceway within the furniture to house the wires? I don't think it's pre-wired and I'm wondering about protecting the wires with FMC if need be.

I usually see systems furniture come pre-rewired with a nice connector almost like an amphenol connector.

top reloc image png.jpg

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Typically those free standing furniture systems come with a NYC box where you transition from the circuits to the furniture. FMC is usually used for the transition or you can use LFMC in lengths not exceeding 18" (NYC Code).

mstrlucky74

Thanks....btw...would this be Wiremold 3000? I don't think so as that is a surface mount raceway and to me these are snap in furniture receptacles.

JUst asking because there is a Wiremold 3000 symbol on the legend that looks similiar....but doesn't have 'F' next to receptacle. RFI or qualification in order..maybe. But I don't this is Wiremold. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.