3/4" RGS & EMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Same installation scenario. 3/4" EMT vs. 3/4" RGS all in on both...support, connector, cut & thread(RGS). Was told that the labor is at least double for the RGS...exactly what I was told is below

So if you have 50' run on EMT and it's 5 hours.... the RGS will take about 12-13. I know the cutting and threading is time consuming.

Agree?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
It really depends, I have had guys do more than 2,000 feet of 3/4" EMT in an 8 hour shift.
Depends is correct.

An apprentice and I once did mega feet (I don't recall the exact number, 5-6,000 ft perhaps) in an 8 hr shift from a scissors lift. Of course it was a straight rack of about 12-18 conduits abreast, most 3/4", a couple 1". The apprentice spent a good bit of time on the ground stocking bundles and fittings on the lift.

Running conduit to and between boxes in stud walls happens nowhere near that speed.

iwire

Staff member
Depends is correct.

An apprentice and I once did mega feet (I don't recall the exact number, 5-6,000 ft perhaps) in an 8 hr shift from a scissors lift. Of course it was a straight rack of about 12-18 conduits abreast, most 3/4", a couple 1". The apprentice spent a good bit of time on the ground stocking bundles and fittings on the lift.

Running conduit to and between boxes in stud walls happens nowhere near that speed.

Exactly.

In my example it was fire alarm work in a large open area, not much bending just cutting to length and mounting boxes.

mstrlucky74

I agree. We installed 3,000 FT 3/4" EMT minimal bends 95% straight runs in an 8 HR day once, we were surprised at how much we ran at the end of the day.

So are you saying you installed this much without supports ....on racks that were already installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.