Old service

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerryB

How many of you guys actually installed stuff like this? (Raise your hand if you still can). This was for a 2 family house. There were 2 100amp boxes but probably 60a fuses original. Picture is 1 1/2 lb and #1 rw. (Is that rated 130 amps?)
435848baaeb0be99453ac33f430fa757.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

iwire

Staff member
When there is more than one service disconect the service conductors are only required to be sized for the calculated load.

So this conductor could feed two sets of 100 amp fuses as long as the load is below the rating of the conductor.

GerryB

When there is more than one service disconect the service conductors are only required to be sized for the calculated load.

So this conductor could feed two sets of 100 amp fuses as long as the load is below the rating of the conductor.
Ok, makes sense. This was a small 2-family, city gas for heat and cooking. I have seen this before but first time I could see the wire size.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Wow. Does that bring back memories. Not of the cable, but of the factory here in Muskegon, now long gone.

"This week 59 years ago …The future looked bright for the local plant, which had survived the Great Depression and played an important role in winning World War II.
The Chronicle said on Sept. 27, 1952

"Anaconda Wire and Cable Co., one of the community’s largest industries, dates its history to 1919 when a group of young Muskegon men saw an unlimited future in the production of copper wire."

"Declining demand spelled the end for the aging local plant and its remaining 83 employees on Oct. 31, 1981.
The abandoned factory was largely destroyed by a spectacular fire in September 1999."

10074001-large.jpg

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/09/anaconda_wire_expanding_operat.html

Status
Not open for further replies.