Distribution board in toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Good gosh!! Is that a google image or did you take it?
I'm pretty sure it's originally from the Inspectors Association (IAEI) website.

Here's another one from This Old House...

01-inspection-nightmares.jpg

Makes ya wonder about people eh? At least the good news is, they likely don't last long enough to procreate and spread their defects into the gene pool.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I'm pretty sure it's originally from the Inspectors Association (IAEI) website.

Here's another one from This Old House...

View attachment 15156

Makes ya wonder about people eh? At least the good news is, they likely don't last long enough to procreate and spread their defects into the gene pool.
At least that second one is not a full shower, just a waist high hose.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
...Makes ya wonder about people eh? At least the good news is, they likely don't last long enough to procreate and spread their defects into the gene pool.
Then there's a side of Murphy's Law that has the intellectual fall victim, while the ignorant obtain comparative bliss.

Yeah, but it offers the user an opportunity to take the shower head in hand and directly spray water onto the panel (and that's assuming the panel cover remains in place).

I can just see it now... "Hmm... that looks a little dirty. I'm going to spray it down to clean it." :cry:

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety

That may or may not be the case. When we did a bathroom reno at my last house, the shower head was in a holder clamped to a rod, allowing you to go from the height shown in the picture to full up. You could also remove it from the holder to spray around.

user 100

Then there's a side of Murphy's Law that has the intellectual fall victim, while the ignorant obtain comparative bliss.

There sure is.:happyyes:

The ignorant will go on to bathe in that tub for decades and won't get so much as a tingle, but the licensed and competent electrician installing it correctly where it's supposed to go will stumble and fall of his correctly rooted ladder and break his ankle or arm when he goes to install the weatherhead.:rant:

Last edited:

gadfly56

Occupation
There sure is.:happyyes:

The ignorant will go on to bathe in that tub for decades and won't get so much as a tingle, but the licensed and competent electrician installing it correctly where it's supposed to go will stumble and fall of his correctly rooted ladder and break his ankle or arm when he goes to install the weatherhead.:rant:

"God looks after fools and drunks." So, drink heavily before starting work? :?

gadfly56

Occupation
15,000 DUI victims per year would disagree ... if they could still speak.

Half the time it seems the drunkard walks away without a scratch while the passengers and/or the occupants of the other car are the big losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.