User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wow... here is the chance of a lifetime.....

Huntington Beach, CA (19 Hrs. 22 Min. from Winged Horses)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow... here is the chance of a lifetime.....

figured ya all would jump on this... only four seats left... HURRY!

no experience needed.....

https://stardustsolar.com/us-trainin...ssk2jsXJ6bbMKw

Name:  sd.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  133.7 KB
    ~New signature under construction.~
    ~~~~Please excuse the mess.~~~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO doubt I've inspected some jobs installed by their graduates...
    At my age, I'm accustomed to restaurants asking me to pay in advance, but now my bank has started sending me their calendar one month at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notice the titles of the courses end in "- Theory." No hands-on, just a bunch of boring lectures by the no-doubt qualified instructor.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need theory, but I only have time for the first one and they won’t take four party checks.
    Tom
    TBLO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It always has surprised me how in the solar industry, so much emphasis is put on these solar courses and little on being an electrician. Sure, there are some unique things about solar that a course is good for, but to think you can take a week or two course, and then basically be "certified" is laughable. For example the NABCEP certification, IIRC you need two week long courses, into PV and Advanced PV, and experience with three systems and passing a test and then you are a "cream of the crop" PV installer.....
    Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by electrofelon View Post
    It always has surprised me how in the solar industry, so much emphasis is put on these solar courses and little on being an electrician. Sure, there are some unique things about solar that a course is good for, but to think you can take a week or two course, and then basically be "certified" is laughable. For example the NABCEP certification, IIRC you need two week long courses, into PV and Advanced PV, and experience with three systems and passing a test and then you are a "cream of the crop" PV installer.....
    But passing the test is the rub; the training and experience only qualify you to sit for the exam. It wasn't an easy exam for me, and I'm an electrical engineer. You don't pass that test without understanding electricity to at least some extent and being able to effectively use a codebook.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by electrofelon View Post
    Which is the main b*tch of our local poco's who are having solar fields tied into their grid w/out licensed installers OR inspections here

~RJ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am seriously considering attending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be a legitimate course, definitely not a course that will result in being licensed when completed.

Could even have some possibility for CEU credits in some areas.

Just because one is good at electrical doesn't mean they are good at other aspects of design and install of PV equipment, and vice versa. There are people out there that are good in both areas though.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Huntington Beach, CA (19 Hrs. 22 Min. from Winged Horses)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Just because one is good at electrical doesn't mean they are good at other aspects of design
    and install of PV equipment, and vice versa. There are people out there that are good in both areas though.
    yup. i haven't done any solar installs at all. zip.
    i'm a pretty fair electrician however, and now
    that i'm gas certified..... well, the sky is the limit.

~New signature under construction.~
    ~~~~Please excuse the mess.~~~~