Evolution Electrical Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcooper

Is this FLA?
I have a boiler with this on it and I don't want to sound stupid but I'm not sure what it is
all the loads are not adding to this amount

what is this rating for? wire ? breaker size? FLA +125%?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I would guess that it shows FLA times 125% if it is the largest motor, FLA only if it is not.
The motor may never draw FLA after starting in normal use.

just the cowboy

Inactive, Email Never Verified
Don't make sense

Don't make sense

The rating is for single phase but they list a 3 phase motor? Are they using a drive to get that, if so not all info on the lable because a drive current with single phase in, don't match namplate of motor.

dcooper

There is a VFD that takes 1 motor from single 120 to straight 3 phase. But...... All the actual motor listings are way less then the amp rating given.
My thoughts are maybe its what the whole boiler is rated w/125%
Thoughts?

kwired

Electron manager
There is a VFD that takes 1 motor from single 120 to straight 3 phase. But...... All the actual motor listings are way less then the amp rating given.
My thoughts are maybe its what the whole boiler is rated w/125%
Thoughts?

You can't compare amps when one of those loads is going through a power conversion device - the VFD.

If that motor is rated 4.26 amps @ 230 volts three phase - that equates to 1697 VA - convert that to 120 volts single phase that would equate to a 14.14 amp load. That is about a 1 hp blower motor. One thing we are still missing is power factor on the load side of the drive will be low but the line side will be at or near 1.0.

Still seems the nameplate is a little low on actual loads or we don't fully understand what loads are just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.