Best Fluorescent Dimming Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenvalor

Hello,

Can anyone recommend the best and somewhat affordable f32t8 fluorescent dimming technology available? The application is bird rooms that have 2 x 4 lay in fixtures. The rooms are damp and hot so LED is out of the question. Universal has "Analog Dimming", "Light Level Switching", "Dali Digital Dimming Ballasts", "Analog Dimming with Parallel Lamp", "Light Level Switching with Parallel Lamp". I have ruled out the two light level switching options because I need to get down to 5% preferably 3%. The rooms are small and have drop tile ceilings so running cables is easy. I like the "Analog Dimming" but am wondering if it is the best option.

Thanks,

iwire

Staff member
I would be very surprised if you can reliably dim flourescents down to 3%.

If you need light levels that low I would look into switching off every other lamp or fixture.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~

Ravenvalor

So I called and spoke with someone at Lutron technical support. He could not convince me that the Lutron Hilume 3D technology was superior to analog 0 - 10v so I am going with the analog 0 - 10v. The Lutron tech said that the only ballast that is UL listed with Lutron's dimmer is the Phillips Advance Mark 7 series.

Thanks for the help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.