User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Switchboards

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by publicgood View Post
    Do you know if they installed heaters within the bus duct? Took precautions (and followed code) by utilizing vapor barriers at entrances of buildings? Derate for ambient? IR connections periodically?

There are several factors that need to be done correctly to achieve reliability.
    All of that makes it even less desirable to use bus duct to replace just 6 conduits.
    Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by publicgood View Post
    Do you know if they installed heaters within the bus duct? Took precautions (and followed code) by utilizing vapor barriers at entrances of buildings? Derate for ambient? IR connections periodically?

There are several factors that need to be done correctly to achieve reliability.
    Yes, all of that was done, with the exception of bus duct heaters. They were not specified in the manufacturer's instructions for exterior installations.
    Don, Illinois
    (All code citations are 2017 unless otherwise noted)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by electrofelon View Post
    I'll be the one to say it: just come in the side. It's done 37 times every day. Come into the back of a pull box nippled into the side of the swbd.
    My problem is that building is existing. There is an existing service just outside wall where the new 2500a SB will sit. unfortunately i will need togo above existing service outiside then back down to make up feeds on inside at bottom of SB to breaker. I looked into the added pull box from another post but it will take to long to get parts. I was looking at maybe a nema 1 gutter on its side then penetrate top and bottom like an LB. What you guys think. I am just looking for alternative route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyb View Post
    What you guys think. I am just looking for alternative route.
    Have you considered a cable tray option?