Digital Clamp Meters Recalled by Klein Tools Due to Shock and Burn Hazards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~

they danced around the issue, and never used the "C" word, and never gave percentages of dollar volume
done overseas..... however, my BS filter clogs when the flag is waved right over the cash register.
amazing all those meters have been made in china all these years, and they just can't seem to
get it together enough to pull a permit and build the factory here.....

building permits must be a lot harder to get here than in shezuan.

"With few, if any, exceptions, the products we source are new additions to our lineup or tools which we may not have the capabilities to manufacture ourselves immediately. Our job is to supply American tradespeople with the best tools available anywhere in the world, and we manufacture these tools ourselves, in the USA, when at all possible."

"The meters can fail to give an accurate voltage reading, resulting in the operator falsely believing the electrical power is off, posing shock, electrocution and burn hazards."

iwire

Staff member
You guys did know that Klein electronics are just re-branded crap right?

Just as great to see my new Greenlee hole punch kit is made in China. :(

peter d

Klein was rebranding UEI meters, I don't know if that changed and they switched to a different supplier. UEI is primarily an HVAC brand and a popular one at that.

peter d

Fluke is selling meters made in China now. At Sears.

To my knowledge, most Fluke products are made in China but I hardly think anyone would accuse Fluke of making a low quality product. The same goes for the HVAC instrument manufacturer Testo, a German company. They produce most of their products in China but Testo has an extremely good reputation in the HVAC world.

Status
Not open for further replies.