User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Tying In New Recept.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,581
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Tying In New Recept.

    Curious, when adding a new receptacle right next to existing ones( there is no circuiting info) what need to be considered? What comes to my mind is:


    • Is the circuit already fully loaded( shouldn’t be)
    • Wiring method( have to use flex) since existing wall.


    Would you tie right into the receptacle right next to it or run up to box in ceiling?

    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    25,759
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would ask before proceeding on a guess.
    Code references based on 2005 NEC
    Larry B. Fine
    Master Electrician
    Electrical Contractor
    Richmond, VA

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Clark County, NV
    Posts
    2,340
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without more information, I'd do it the easy way.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,581
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Without more information, I'd do it the easy way.
    All new??

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    6,484
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Curious, when adding a new receptacle right next to existing ones( there is no circuiting info) what need to be considered? What comes to my mind is:


    • Is the circuit already fully loaded( shouldn’t be)
    • Wiring method( have to use flex) since existing wall.


    Would you tie right into the receptacle right next to it or run up to box in ceiling?

    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFine View Post
    I would ask before proceeding on a guess.
    Ask for sure. What is this new receptacle to be used for ? Did the fire marshal want them to get rid of power strip and all equipment is existing or are they bringing in more new equipment.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,948
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pig tail.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •