User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: For North Carolina

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Goldsboro NC USA
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    For North Carolina

    How's it going guys? I'm wanting to sit and test for my license here in NC. I'll take a prep course beforehand of course, but I have a couple questions.

    I've read the info available on the NC board of examiners site, but I'm still unsure of the correct order of steps to take to sitting for the test. I understand that I'll need to verify my time worked here via the forms, but does that come after passing the test or is that required to be eligible to sit for the test?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Wilmington, NC USA
    Posts
    688
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to be approved to take the test and the work documentation is part of the approval process, along with character references.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    17,692
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamv7010 View Post
    How's it going guys? I'm wanting to sit and test for my license here in NC. I'll take a prep course beforehand of course, but I have a couple questions.

    I've read the info available on the NC board of examiners site, but I'm still unsure of the correct order of steps to take to sitting for the test. I understand that I'll need to verify my time worked here via the forms, but does that come after passing the test or is that required to be eligible to sit for the test?
    You have to meet the time requirement as a prerequisite to sit for the test. See page 3 and then jump to pages 66 through 75 of THIS LINK, these applicable forms have to be completed before you will get the acceptance letter to take the exam.

    Roger
    Last edited by roger; 05-13-19 at 08:18 AM.
    Moderator

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    34,730
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The link that Roger posted also has a good sample test.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky



  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Goldsboro NC USA
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I was thinking. I didn't want to schedule my prep course and still have to wait a few months to sit for it. Thanks guys!

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    25,440
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsparky52 View Post
    You have to be approved to take the test and the work documentation is part of the approval process, along with character references.
    Refer to us. We'll assure them that you're a real character.
    Code references based on 2005 NEC
    Larry B. Fine
    Master Electrician
    Electrical Contractor
    Richmond, VA

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Goldsboro NC USA
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFine View Post
    Refer to us. We'll assure them that you're a real character.


    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Posts
    2,398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW, last time I checked, NC was the only state that Florida had reciprocal licensing privileges with.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Union, KY, USA
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppersmith View Post
    FWIW, last time I checked, NC was the only state that Florida had reciprocal licensing privileges with.
    Probably because both states are prime hurricane targets!

    Years ago, an engineer of my acquaintance mentioned that most states will accept a license from other states without (much of a) question. Exceptions were:

    -- California, due to earthquakes
    -- Florida, due to hurricacnes
    -- New York, because they're ornery.

    (:

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    34,730
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought that NC had reciprocity with other states who had exams as advanced or as difficult as NC exams.

    The limited exam historically had a 17% passing rate.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •