User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Light opinion

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    6,386
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickelec View Post
    Does anyone think it would be ridiculous to put a light on both sides of that back door with that one side being so narrow. Would one light look weird need some opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFine View Post
    In that case, a white coach lantern style.
    Well folks I'm not seeing enough room to put a carriage light on either side of those doors.

    There must have been a single door there and when they installed a double door that brought it right up to the window ( they seem to share trim). I really think that double door was a mistake if they couldn't move that little window over to balance things out.

    Now that it done it's done. I would probably put a roof of some sort over the back porch to kind of hide the fact that everything is so crowded. then put a ceiling light.
    The 95% of people that you can't trust give the other 5% a bad name.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Marlborough, Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would place the light to the left of the window at the same height you would if you placed it at the door.
    You should still have plenty of light on the steps and less bugs in the house when you open the door.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have my framers/siders put blocks for the lights to go, big enough for a 3 5/8s box. no block, no light. esp on clapboard siding like that. the siders are 'tarded imo. and i agree with the post about the trash all around. how are you expected to work. i would kick that general in the butt as in me no workie till you clean this mess up.
    Last edited by Little Bill; 05-20-19 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Inappropiate
    The End of the World as i Knew it: 2012. I'm having my Doom's Day now.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,481
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so 4 or 5 lights....seems to be everywhere we go.

    kitchens that used to have one light, maybe a second sink light, are now designed with UC, in Cab, .....Bathrooms have vanity, shower, toliet, OH, F/L/NL.....i'm doing a bar w/led rope's (light up the top shelf), razors, minitracks....

    b-b-but...they're efficient!

    ~RJ~

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA 21 Hours from Winged Horses with traffic
    Posts
    257
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just wondering who will ever change those soffit lights?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    994
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank DuVal View Post
    I was just wondering who will ever change those soffit lights?
    There LEDs so hopefully I don't have to worry about it for a few years,

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    994
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The siding guy is going to put a peice of azak in that's pace between the window and door I'm thinking just put one light there

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    467
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry folks - I only do heavy opinion...........

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX, USA
    Posts
    11,052
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow View Post
    How is anyone, including you, supposed to get any work done with all the construction debris laying around?
    That's what I was thinking. Ankle breakers all over the place.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Union, KY, USA
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious about the house itself-- it appears that the right side was shaved off, but they kept the original roof line!

    I agree that there should be 1 light centered above the door(s).

    Or, possibly, 3 lights using those blocks half-way up the house.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •