User Tag List

Thread: disconnect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

disconnect

We have a few FCU part of AC units that have a on and off switch. Could the on and off switch be used as disconnecting means instead of a regular disconnect? Its a regular abb 3 phase switch. These will be in the ceiling and trying not to put disconnect if not needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would consider the factory switch the disconnect, as long as it says on and off and breaks the power legs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Questions like this are always better if we can see the actual machine. Is the model number available?

If not, where in the machine is the switch? Is it immediately where the power enters the machine, and look as if it is intended to be used as a disconnect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any specifications required?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Questions like this are always better if we can see the actual machine. Is the model number available?

If not, where in the machine is the switch? Is it immediately where the power enters the machine, and look as if it is intended to be used as a disconnect?
    yes I know but I can never download pic to site. basically its the part of ac unit duct that controls air flow or VAV. It has a door that is locked when on and open when unit is off. similar to on/off on a motor starter cabinet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamuit View Post
    Any specifications required?
    i dont see any specifications required other than the required disconnecting means usually required on this type application for servicing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did a quick Google. All I could see on any manufacturer cut-sheets were "sized to MCA" for toggle switches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamuit View Post
    I just did a quick Google. All I could see on any manufacturer cut-sheets were "sized to MCA" for toggle switches.
    The FCU s call for fused disconnects on drawings. I guess we a stuck running fused disconnects. Thanks for help.