User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rest room exhaust fan controlled by motion sensor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtfallsmikey View Post
    Previous tenants installed the locker rooms/fan, it used to run 24/7, I've been directed not to do that.
    Buy breathing apparatus before you next enter the locker-room……………..

I did 3 to 4 hours a day weight training, I didn’t smell like a bunch of roses after a full work out.
    The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, this is not a huge concern. Hopefully at some point, we will install a relay system tied to our EMS, and have the fan operate under the occupied TOD schedule for lighting, and HVAC operation
    Quote Originally Posted by steve66 View Post
    I was also thinking the HVAC engineer probably selected the fan and airflow based on it running 24x7.
    Previous tenants installed the locker rooms/fan, it used to run 24/7, I've been directed not to do that.
    Don't know size of the facility, hours of operation, but if anything a programmable wall switch style timer may cost less than the occupancy sensor and can be set to run a while before the place opens for the day.
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Occupancy sensor for just the fans or fans and lights? If I were in the locker area for 31 minutes by myself and the lights went out, I would be a VERY unhappy camper. I probably wouldn’t care about the fans going off though, unless I was in there for another 30 minutes, so it might actually help prevent lingering. There are some lingerers at my gym. They just hang around yakking and primping to the point where they are in there when I arrive and change, then when I come back in to shower, they are still there! It only bugs me when I can’t get a locker during the busiest hours, but I wish those guys would just go yak somewhere else.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Many people are shocked when they discover I am not a good electrician...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watt Stopper, RIBs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    Don't know size of the facility, hours of operation, but if anything a programmable wall switch style timer may cost less than the occupancy sensor and can be set to run a while before the place opens for the day.
    Actually, from my research, the timer is more $$ than the occ. sensor, motor rated that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jraef View Post
    Occupancy sensor for just the fans or fans and lights? If I were in the locker area for 31 minutes by myself and the lights went out, I would be a VERY unhappy camper. I probably wouldn’t care about the fans going off though, unless I was in there for another 30 minutes, so it might actually help prevent lingering. There are some lingerers at my gym. They just hang around yakking and primping to the point where they are in there when I arrive and change, then when I come back in to shower, they are still there! It only bugs me when I can’t get a locker during the busiest hours, but I wish those guys would just go yak somewhere else.
    No lights, just the fan will be on this. My bet is we'll set it up to run on the HVAC TOD schedule when we get tenants, building currently empty.
    Mt. Falls, Va.
    "Not a sermon, just a thought"
    A licensed electrically-related individual

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there showers in the locker area?
    If so I'd also look at a humidistat.

Maybe there is also a smellistat for the odors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not skip straight to putting it on the ems system now and not waste the money on the occ sensor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stebs View Post
    Why not skip straight to putting it on the ems system now and not waste the money on the occ sensor?
    My understanding is there is no EMS now, but may be in the future.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other alternative is to have a smaller fan, or the main fan at low speed, running 24/7 for odor and moisture control, but high speed fan when actually in use. If the locker room has showers, a humidistat may be needed in parallel with any occupancy sensor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDigger View Post
    The other alternative is to have a smaller fan, or the main fan at low speed, running 24/7 for odor and moisture control, but high speed fan when actually in use. If the locker room has showers, a humidistat may be needed in parallel with any occupancy sensor.
    Or an ERV if the main concern is heating/cooling costs being pumped out the building.