Wiring for walkway and boat dock

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkync

I have a walkway to a boat dock that has to have lights and I have to get the branch circuits for lights and receptacles on the boat dock. I would like to post a picture of it, but not sure how to do it. Can someone help me?
Thanks

mgookin

Hover over the icons when you are posting a reply and it will have one for Attachments and another for Insert Image. Either of those will work.

Is your job single family or commercial? It makes a difference. Without looking I'm thinking 550 or 555 for commercial and 682 for residential.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
... I would like to post a picture of it, but not sure how to do it. Can someone help me?
Thanks
Go here: http://postimage.org/

No need to sign up. Just upload photo. When upload complete, page changes. Click "copy to clipboard" to the right of "Hotlink for Forums (1)". Paste in your forum reply box. Note the image tags in the pasted text:
Code:
[img]<photo_url>[/img]
Delete everything of the pasted text outside the image tags (or not; your choice).

sparkync

Resize pictures??

Resize pictures??

I got the pictures, tried to upload them, but I'm sure the size is too large. I'm not a whiz on the computer. How do I resize them to make them upload. The size now on one picture is almost 3 mb which I know is way too large. Thanks..

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I got the pictures, tried to upload them, but I'm sure the size is too large. I'm not a whiz on the computer. How do I resize them to make them upload. The size now on one picture is almost 3 mb which I know is way too large. Thanks..

I would suggest you sign up with a photo storage site such as "photobucket", which is free.
You upload the pics to them and can resize them there if needed. You use the "img" tab on the photo by clicking on it. It will copy the pic then you can paste it in a thread.

http://photobucket.com/

Smart $

Esteemed Member
The service I linked to above has a resize option right there on the front page.

sparkync

I have 2 more pictures when I can get them. Any suggestions on this photo of how to get the feeds out to dock. going to have to put probably 3 lights on each side of walkway. thanks

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I have 2 more pictures when I can get them. Any suggestions on this photo of how to get the feeds out to dock. going to have to put probably 3 lights on each side of walkway. thanks
Photo is a bit small (320 x 180). Try 640 or 800 width.

Run UF or any other underground wiring method to dock...???

sparkync

Can't get the other pictures to do right now, but in the picture I did post, I realize that pvc has to be secured in 3ft. intervals. Looks like the only way would be to run 45's around each post then up at the points where the lights go. I also have to run 2 switch legs and one hot wire all the way to the dock for lights under the canopy, and 2 beacons on top of the canopy. They have 3 receptacles on post under the canopy. I know that all has to be GFCI protected. The other picture is of the ramp that goes from the walkway to the dock. I realize that I must use flexible conduit for rise and fall of the water, and that it has to be bonded to the electrical system ground.
I'm still working on the other pictures.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.