primary overhead distribution no ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivey

By grounded, he could simply mean the conductor running down the pole at the cutoff and connected to the grounding electrode. SWER or not? The question remains IMO.
IMO that is a highly unlikely "what if", silly even. The grounding field for a SWER (if you want to discuss such a silly thing) should be noticible.

iwire

Staff member
IMO that is a highly unlikely "what if", silly even. The grounding field for a SWER (if you want to discuss such a silly thing) should be noticible.

SWER struck me as a very long shot and the fact the OP used the clearly defined term 'grounded conductor' shoots a big hole in that possibility to me.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Smart $:
It appears you are misled.

or

misleading?:D

SWER struck me as a very long shot and the fact the OP used the clearly defined term 'grounded conductor' shoots a big hole in that possibility to me.
Very long shot, silly, all the same not out of the realm of possibility. That's why SWER exists in the first place. The OP'er has yet to specifically refute. :angel:

I can go with two-wire or SWER, whichever it is as a matter of fact... but I'll never accept speculation as fact just because the odds are infinitely favorable according to a skeptic. :eek:hmy::happyno::happyyes::D

mjmike

I believe the 2nd wire is the grounded conductor as defined by the NEC. It is essentially the Utility's neutral. Not sure if or where it is grounded.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I believe the 2nd wire is the grounded conductor as defined by the NEC. It is essentially the Utility's neutral. Not sure if or where it is grounded.
Okay... but the question is whether that second wire runs the mile with the phase conductor.

Ingenieur

Okay... but the question is whether that second wire runs the mile with the phase conductor.

post 6
insulated current carrying conductor
non insulated apparently grounded return
run to the 10 kva xfmr load
at least that is how I read his response to my ???

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Why is this a question? Seriously you are really reaching.

post 6
insulated current carrying conductor
non insulated apparently grounded return
run to the 10 kva xfmr load
at least that is how I read his response to my ???
AFAIK only the OP or a person that has shall we say intimate knowledge of the facts and will divulge a factual accounting can say what it is or isn't. Neither of you appears to be that person.

(Yoda-speak) Speculation, odds infinite against, does not a fact make.

Believe me when I say you guys are most likely, 99.999% correct. It's that other little part that makes your accountings not a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.