User Tag List

Thread: Home Video

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home Video

I may of asked before, but now being retired I have time to install a video system. I have a Honeywell Ademco VISTA 20 ethernet panel with the touch screen.
    I installed a Ring Video door bell, it was simple and works well, monitoring via cloud is $3.00. Unlmited devices are $10.00 month, a floodlight cam is about $200.

What recommendations are there for a video system, IP and DVR? Is wireless worth considering for outbuildings? Would consider Honeywell as I can purchase thru ADI
    Moderator-Washington State
    Ancora Imparo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use arlo wireless video. No charge for cloud monitoring and recording up to ... i think 5 cameras.
    Ron

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    We use arlo wireless video. No charge for cloud monitoring and recording up to ... i think 5 cameras.
    We have an Arlo system at my Lodge, it works well enough except that you have to monitor the batteries (the cameras are wireless) and the server/cloud only keeps the last week of video. Not an install-and-forget system.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i could use a few ideas for the chickenhouse

~S~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The monitoring cost is the same as ring, cameras a little less. But I like the wireless and cloud storage instead of a DVR...
    Moderator-Washington State
    Ancora Imparo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything wireless uses bandwidth of your WiFi network. Not to mention that if any neighbors' wireless routers are on the same channel as yours, that's that many more devices fighting for that limited bandwidth. Best to go wired unless you have no choice. I know of some people who were using WiFi modules for their smart home plugs. When they switched to Zwave (different protocol utilizing a different frequency), they saw their network speeds jump.
    CIAO!

Ed N.