Fire pumps and generators

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
List item 3 is not really clear...I think it is talking about the overhead service drop, but if it includes overhead distribution and transmission, almost no utility supply would be reliable.

What they are talking about is if the distribution on the property is overhead there is a problem. They don't want to be trying to operate a ladder truck in the neighborhood of a 13.6 kV overhead.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
What they are talking about is if the distribution on the property is overhead there is a problem. They don't want to be trying to operate a ladder truck in the neighborhood of a 13.6 kV overhead.
I did misread the statement.

Yes that is one of the reasons, along with the utility cutting the wrong service drop when the kill power to the fire building.

Overhead distribution, both on public and private property, often interferes with fire department operations.

I tried to get 230.9(A) changed a number of times so it applies to all windows, not just windows designed to be opened. Conductors close to any window, designed to be opened or not, interfere with fire department operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.