User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Out of Town/Out of State Contractors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We cover five states...... in our situation, we’re not necessarily the cheapest, we’re the most experienced.

Also, we know exactly what it costs to do the job, and in some instances I’ve been asked to do it for less and I don’t have to guess at costs.

I’ve been the low bidder on several projects I didn’t get because another EC had more experience in that particular segment, and if it’s close enough, they’ll take experience over price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can honestly say that I have gotten all our jobs because of my good looks.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually we have slowed down a bit as most of my builders are retiring. It actually feels good to be running smoothly without being called to 10 jobs at the same time. I had one builder who had 3 jobs ready at the same time... I hate when that happens.
    They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy
    She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me
    I can't help it if I'm lucky

Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min without traffic from winged horses.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't your humility?
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    I have the same problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionDave View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't your humility?
    I think the weather report calls for reduced humility for the next several days...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the back 9 of my career, i'm finally on my own. I could care less if i get a job or not anymore.....so i play the prima donna curmudgeon card a lot.....even my ahj sezs i'm a pita....~RJ~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A company that I thought about going to work for 20+ years ago got all of a certain grocery stores new projects in a number of states, they had them nailed. They knew how many lifts, storage trailers, men for each portion of the project, etc..... The morning they hit the job they were running and never slowed down until they finished, local competing bidders could not touch them and if they did they lost money.

Roger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A number of years ago I was asked to bid a K-Mart here locally. I politely declined because the job was too big for us at that time. I did leave my contact info with the GC and the out of town EC who did the job and picked up a few scraps on it as the job progressed because I was here and available when the SHTF from time to time. When the job was nearly done every trade was way behind because of weather and other factors so the K-Mart rep called us in to do most of the change orders in order to get the store open. The EC was furious about not getting that sweet and profitable work and we almost had to call in the cops to keep things from escalating too far. Anyway we made darned good money by picking up the scraps and doing a lot of service work until the store finally got settled in. Since then we have made it a practice to introduce ourselves on larger projects early on and we frequently get some nice service and troubleshooting work as a result.
    Bob on the left coast.