User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: More fallacious grounding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    It seems to me plagiarism would be quoting something that was known to have been published or recorded but not giving credit to the source, however making a quote that someone made before but not knowing it had been made would just be the meeting of like minds.

Roger
    How would people know if the phrase had not been published.
    The quotation is listed in the compendium of famous quotations by members of the literati.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by myspark View Post
    How would people know if the phrase had not been published.
    Why would everyday people care? Conversation would come to an end if we all had to worry about saying something that had already been said.
    Quote Originally Posted by myspark View Post
    The quotation is listed in the compendium of famous quotations by members of the literati.
    So I ask that you watch all threads (I mean all threads) from this point on and make sure a quote is not plagiarized and TIA

Roger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Why would everyday people care? Conversation would come to an end if we all had to worry about saying something that had already been said.
    So I ask that you watch all threads (I mean all threads) from this point on and make sure a quote is not plagiarized and TIA

Roger
    Watching all threads is your job not mine. I will point out literary theft every chance I get.

Now, if your priority is to have this site overran by charlatans. . .more power to you.

Another gibberish? Your call.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrooke View Post
    Its metaphors and obscurities which create confusion. If you can't explain it to a kid you don't know it well enough.
    This forum explains it every other day, but your advice is duly noted....so following i would probably dwell on the difference betwixt earthing and that which provides equopotential via bonding pieces/parts

That said the long winded version may end up going down the noodle rathole, because our lovely NEC's grounding /grounded matrix often will disguise what is in reality a return path cloaked in the guise of a GEC.

This is where even a tenured spark such as myself am often at a loss ,and refer to other systems for the sake of enlightened comparatives to 'think outta the nec box'....

~RJ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all are getting carried away.

Huntington Beach, CA (19 Hrs. 22 Min. from Winged Horses)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=mbrooke;2000646]
    Got this- can't help but want to call them up. Count the number of incorrect statements:
    /QUOTE]

i'm not even going to deal with the subtle linguistics until after you get the solid copper
    ground rod driven 8' into the ground. then we can talk linguistics.

i'll wait.

Name:  rod.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  24.6 KB
    ~New signature under construction.~
    ~~~~Please excuse the mess.~~~~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulthrotl View Post

i'm not even going to deal with the subtle linguistics until after you get the solid copper

i'll wait.

Good catch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Fulthrotl;2000889]
    Got this- can't help but want to call them up. Count the number of incorrect statements:
    /QUOTE]

i'll wait.

Ok got it driven (please don't look in the bushes, nothing to see there......)
    Ethan Brush - East West Electric. NY, WA. MA

"You can't generalize"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by romex jockey View Post
    This forum explains it every other day, but your advice is duly noted....so following i would probably dwell on the difference betwixt earthing and that which provides equopotential via bonding pieces/parts

That said the long winded version may end up going down the noodle rathole, because our lovely NEC's grounding /grounded matrix often will disguise what is in reality a return path cloaked in the guise of a GEC.

This is where even a tenured spark such as myself am often at a loss ,and refer to other systems for the sake of enlightened comparatives to 'think outta the nec box'....

~RJ~
    Because, if you ask me, at one point the NEC truly thought the earth had major functions in equal potential, shock reduction and assistance in fault clearing. Now its simply doing damage control basically trying to say 'but we knew it all along, you just don't understand our select choice of words'

Further compounded by the fact in half the world the soil of the actual EGC...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Fulthrotl;2000889]
    /QUOTE]

i'll wait.

For a portable generator? Show me the code section which requires it