pool feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
What grounding electrode do you mean. If you have a detached structure with a panel then it needs to meet the same requirements as any sub panel in a detached structure.

Do you mean the equipotential bonding? That is always bugged on to to hit different parts of the pool but it is not a grounding electrode conductor.

Hendrix

That was what I was thinking. I figured he meant equipotential bonding.

Sorry for the confusion. What I think I meant is..... the equipment ground from the panel, has to be insulated, therefore in conduit, out to the pool panel. Does the insulated equipment ground also have to be "without a splice" or, in other words "unbroken" to the pool equipment?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Sorry for the confusion. What I think I meant is..... the equipment ground from the panel, has to be insulated, therefore in conduit, out to the pool panel. Does the insulated equipment ground also have to be "without a splice" or, in other words "unbroken" to the pool equipment?

there are restrictions where splices can be made that always apply, pool or not. I don't see why there would be any special rule about EGC splices for pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.