Still chuckling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Got an email from one of our State elite informing the recipients that farm rental property is considered commercial and not even a switch can be installed without a permit and inspection.

Oh boy, months behind on their final inspections and they want me to look up who owns which farmstead or which building on that farm is being rented out, be it father to son or brother to brother.

Yup, gonna jump right on that.

mgookin

I could see complaints being received by the bldg dept if there are unlicensed guys running around underbidding all the legitimate guys.
The legitimate guys file the complaints, as they should.
I used to get those complaints all the time when I worked at the bldg dept.
Once I even got a complaint that our city purchasing dept hired an unlicensed contractor! That was an interesting one.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Permits and inspections in farm work?:lol:

Ain't never seen it except for a service maybe.

We're doing a large dairy from the ground up right now. I bet I've had 15 inspections alone just for the equipotential plane grounding and we're still not done. But I agree, in podunk America it's all free aired Romex and NO inspections.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
I'm most bothered by the fact that your post seems to indicate that none of the people that farm the land actually own the land.

Who cares who owns the land ?
So long as someone pays the bill !
As for the state elite
They have all the resources and money to do their own job
Yet they want someone else to do there work for them !
I know what I would tell them
Sorry cannot repeat it here !

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:rant::rant::rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.