MA License Renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkb

Any of you MA guys still waiting for your renewal form for your licenses?
I received my Master renewal but not my Journeyman.
Without it I cant link the license online for renewal.

They are asking for license info from other states now. Are you adding this if you have it?

iwire

Staff member
Any of you MA guys still waiting for your renewal form for your licenses?
I received my Master renewal but not my Journeyman.
Without it I cant link the license online for renewal.

Well that makes sense because I got about five separate renewals all for my j-man lic. :roll:

69gp

There was a problem with sending out the renewal application to some licence holders. You will need to call the board and they will send you your application within 2 or 3 days.

tkb

I've been trying to call the licensing board for two weeks.
No one ever answers the phone and their voice mail is always full.

MA is ridiculous. :happysad:

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
I just have a journeyman's and it showed up a few weeks ago. I went online Thursday night and created an account and linked my license to it. I was able to renew my license. The only thing I wasn't sure of was if I was supposed to upload an image of my continuing ed certificate. I know the 15 hour gets submitted electronically, but I thought something changed with the 6 hour this time around.

I know it used to be you just had to keep it in case you were audited.

tkb

I called the Electricians Board for four weeks daily. No answer and voice mail full. They don't answer the number that they tell you to call.

I called the number for Professional Licensing and they answered. They asked if I was waiting for a renewal that I didn't get. One week later I finally got my renewal form. They wanted to make sure so they sent me two.

iwire

Staff member
Message from the MA Board of Electricians:

NOTICE: Electrical License Renewals
Due to a technical problem, some licensees may not have received a license renewal form. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible and expect to send out renewal forms during the week of July 17, 2016 to those licensees who did not receive them. In order to expedite the renewal process, please register online through our ePLACE Portal, by using the authorization code found on your renewal notice, once received. Late fees will be waived for those licensees who did not timely receive a license renewal form.

In the interim, if you have any questions or concerns about your license lapsing and affecting your ability to work or pull a permit, please contact the Board by calling 617-727-3883. Please be aware that the Board is currently experiencing a high call volume and will respond to all inquiries as soon as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue.

tkb

I don't understand why every electrical license expires on the same day.
They should have the licenses expire at the end of your birth month like other states.
The state gets slammed with all the renewals at once instead of spreading it out over the whole year.

I wonder if the other trades have the same problem and if their expiration is the same as ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.