Labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireday

Occupation
Master electrician
I have a lighting contactor with multiple breaker feeds.what should be put for warning on cover.I see they sell them online,but are pricey.Wanted to make some.thanks

iwire

Staff member
I have a lighting contactor with multiple breaker feeds.what should be put for warning on cover.I see they sell them online,but are pricey.Wanted to make some.thanks

There is no requirement to do so.

I often label the inside cover with all the circuit numbers.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
As Bob stated the circuit #'s would be helpful. You can just write it in or use a printer label and stick it on the cover or inside. No NEC rule to do that. We usually put the circuit # on a/c disconnects also using permanent markers.... Better than nothing I guess. :D

growler

There is no requirement to do so.

I often label the inside cover with all the circuit numbers.

I try to mark circuits also. Not because I wish to protect my fellow man but because I may end up working on the same circuits 5 years latter.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I would individually number the hot and neutral conductors with the circuit numbers to make troubleshooting easier for the next guy.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
I would individually number the hot and neutral conductors with the circuit numbers to make troubleshooting easier for the next guy.

I think you're probably kidding but we see that a lot in specifications of buildings we do.

cadpoint

...multiple breaker feeds. what should be put for warning on cover...

Yes, I don't agree exactly with the others.

There is no definition of a contactor in Article 110, NFPA 70.
If you read Article 110, Industrial Control Panel(1), circuit breakers are listed in article.

If you go to Article 409.110 read it all, then (3) states what it states...

iwire

Staff member
Yes, I don't agree exactly with the others.

There is no definition of a contactor in Article 110, NFPA 70.
If you read Article 110, Industrial Control Panel(1), circuit breakers are listed in article.

If you go to Article 409.110 read it all, then (3) states what it states...

An enclsure containing just a contactor is not an industrial control panel, there are no OCPDs in this same enclsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.