User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UPS Install

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPS Install

Have a UPS with separate battery cabinet which will come shipped with batteries in. The cabinet weighs 3,200lbs. Is there anyway you guys know of that this could be moved into elevator and into place without removing batteries? It will fit in elevator and the weight capacity is okay. I just don’t see what could be used to move this. Darn sure not a pallet jack I guess? Hoping not to have to hire rigger.
    Last edited by Little Bill; 07-11-19 at 02:16 PM. Reason: watch the language

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roll-R-Lifts

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk
    Some people are like slinkies. They serve absolutely no useful purpose. But still put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the delivery sets it on the concrete slab floor. You might be able to roll it using 2 inch rigid conduit. Their might be an issue with the floor scratching. You could lay cardboard down .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot the link

https://www.dkhardware.com/rol-a-lif...xoChNUQAvD_BwE

Some people are like slinkies. They serve absolutely no useful purpose. But still put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterinbama View Post
    Forgot the link

https://www.dkhardware.com/rol-a-lif...xoChNUQAvD_BwE

Sunbelt rents them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    Have a UPS with separate battery cabinet which will come shipped with batteries in. The cabinet weighs 3,200lbs. Is there anyway you guys know of that this could be moved into elevator and into place without removing batteries? It will fit in elevator and the weight capacity is okay. I just don’t see what could be used to move this. Darn sure not a pallet jack I guess? Hoping not to have to hire rigger.
    why screw around with something like this. pay the riggers and be done with it.
    Last edited by Little Bill; 07-11-19 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Edited quote that was edited
    Bob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrlucky74 View Post
    You have a cheap pallet jack? Google search I did had quite a few of them rated 5500 pounds.
    Last edited by Little Bill; 07-11-19 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Edited quote that was edited
    I live for today, I'm just a day behind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We move things like that all of the time. A manual 5500 pound pallet jack will work if you have level surfaces and some beefy electricians. We use an electric pallet jacks and move transformers up to 10,000 pounds. Where is this battery unit being installed? Can it just be rolled into place?
    Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    We move things like that all of the time. A manual 5500 pound pallet jack will work if you have level surfaces and some beefy electricians. We use an electric pallet jacks and move transformers up to 10,000 pounds. Where is this battery unit being installed? Can it just be rolled into place?

In electrical room. Yes it can be rolled into place but not once room is built, wont get through door. Room not built yet. How they heck do you handle that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need someone with some rigging/material handling experience and the right equipment, otherwise you should hire a rigger. I've posted this before, here's about a 9600 pound transformer we moved and set with two skates, two toe jacks, some 3/4" galvanized steel rollers, and a motorized pallet jack. One toe jack is in the lower left corner.

Name:  20180713_091550.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  143.9 KB
    Rob

All responses based on the 2014 NEC unless otherwise noted