no ID for stub-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

EEC

When stub-up aren't identiflied, what are some of the methods use to ID the conduit stub-ups. The ways I can think of are fish tape and air tank/or vac

mdshunk

peter d said:
Too much Dr. Pepper tonight Marc? :)

Or are you being serious, cause I can't tell....does a smoke machine really work?
Yes, but the smoke bombs from the HVAC supply store are handier. Vac the water out of the pipe, drop in a lit 1 minute smoke bomb, and tape up the end of the pipe. Go looking for where the thick white smoke is coming out.

The one minute one is the short one in the pic, and it'll make plenty of smoke:

SmokeBombassortment.jpg

cadpoint

EEC said:
When stub-up aren't identiflied, what are some of the methods use to ID the conduit stub-ups. The ways I can think of are fish tape and air tank/or vac
I hate following behind some people... maybe you'll find out your missing one, or it doesn't go to where U think ...
I frankly like to shoot a jet line, or draw a string as soon as I can and cap it ...
I like to work so everything is finished to a point and ready for the Next Big Thing ...
I just don't understand, why they don't... :roll:

220/221

Trumpet!!

If you can access the opposite end, simply put a short piece of PVC on it and play it like a trumpet. The sound carries remarkably well thru conduit.

The awesome stunt to pull on rookies is to talk into the 3 or 4 inch conduit and watch them look around. It's way in the background and they think they are imagining things.

Status
Not open for further replies.