Emergecy lights, (flashlights)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious has anyone used 'shake flashlights'. They are the flashlights that never need batteries or bulbs. Guaranteed for life

you shake them up and they give a few minutes of emergency light (Diamond brand 20 min of bright light then fades up to 1hr). they are not for everyday use, but i think electricians should have them just as a back up.

I love the maglites with the focusing beam. But once every blue moon i find myself with the batteries dead when i need it most.

I just want to know which shake lite is the best for the money. so far the Diamond brand is the only i've found i think would be best. Whats your opinion??

I bought the cranking equivalent of the battery-free light for the wife's and kids' cars for Christmas. Haven't heard of them using them tho. But that's a good thing. I've been switching to LED flashlights from sporting goods stores with great results. The battery life is amazing on those things.

marinesgt0411

I like the little mag lights best the ones that take the aaa batteries and fit on the key chain
that other type has a tendancy to get things stuck to it the little 6-32 or 8-32 screws that fall to te bottom of the tool bag
and then of course there is always the 500 or 1000 watt stand light

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
marinesgt0411 said:
I like the little mag lights best the ones that take the aaa batteries and fit on the key chain . . . and then of course there is always the 500 or 1000 watt stand light
Nothing like going from one extreme to the other! :)

marinesgt0411

I still have not mastered the art of typing sarcasm
All I meant to say is that it is handy to reach into my pocket and pull out my key chain with the flashlight on it if I need a quick light
If I need to have light for longer I prefer the stand light if I have an outlet to plug into If not the 18 volt snake light works well

Matt Harp

Spend the $400 and get a sure-fire. You will never need another flashlight, even if you could afford one. One note of caution, the beam is like looking at the surface of the sun! You can find them in law enforcement supply stores and gun shops most everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.