Ship installations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspectorcliff

Boats or Ships

Boats or Ships

Has anyone done Electrical installations on a ship? Facts or stories appreciated.
JJ
Yes, I inspect mine everytime I take it to the Lake, but I doubt that a 1977 14' Crestliner is what your referring to. So, I can't help you. (I did ride on the USS Ticonderoga). Sorry.

nolabama

never done it myself - a couple of guys i worked with worked at northop grummand and they said it was super easy stuff - cable trays and everything numbered and megger everything with a baseline for the navy

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Used to be on a Submarine tender. Got out in 1982...Had to start somewhere:)

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Has anyone done Electrical installations on a ship? Facts or stories appreciated.
I was the Electrical Officer on USS Arkansas, CGN 41, and on USS Eisenhower, CVN 69. Do you really want me to get started with sea stories? ;)

Also, I spent a year recently in the arena of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. Exactly what are you looking for?

resistance

I was the Electrical Officer on USS Arkansas, CGN 41, and on USS Eisenhower, CVN 69. Do you really want me to get started with sea stories? ;)

Also, I spent a year recently in the arena of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. Exactly what are you looking for?
How about starting with Wog day!!! :)
Are you a Wog?

Status
Not open for further replies.