What Happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Why does search come back with no results when I type in TV ? :x

I'm trying to find a discussion we've had about televisions installed over bathtubs...

electricman2

Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
georgestolz said:
Why does search come back with no results when I type in TV ? :x

I'm trying to find a discussion we've had about televisions installed over bathtubs...

Type in "television" and it will come up. "TV" is in the thread title. :?:

ryan_618

While I like the "view posts since last visit" feature, I wish there was a way to view the most recent topics, not just the ones I haven't seen yet, without having to go into the forum index to do so.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I agree Ryan. Is there any progress on retrieving the saved PM's?

Roger

russ

lost in space

lost in space

Some how the new forum locked me out, and changed my member number.

I think I was # 254 and now I'm #249, atleast I was last time I looked.

I finally got back on by requesting a new pass word.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
sparky_magoo said:
What does the view column mean?
How many times a thread has been looked at. (It tells you how many people are lurking, in essence. The old software had it, it just wasn't so broadcast as is now.:D

How do I do a spell check?
Good question. I don't believe they've got that running yet. Hopefully, after they get the old PM's back, they fire up the spell check. :lol:

mjc

I made it, Finally got logged into this forum, Had to obtian a new password.. This is a first reply for our new look , gonna have to surf around a little to get a use to this new place. It'll take a bit to get use to just glad to be part BEST group in town.

Mike :D

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
To the Webmaster: Here are a few more comments on the new forum appearance.
  • Thank you for adding the "Previous / Next" buttons at the top of each thread. Now can you add the same to the bottom? It is inconvenient to have to scroll back to the top of the page, just to select the "Previous" topic.
  • The old forum had a button at the top of each and every thread, to allow you to skip to the new posts (i.e., posts that have not yet been read by the individual member) in that thread. Can you add that feature to this new format?
  • At the bottom of any screen there is a pull-down window allowing the user to change to a different Topic Area. To the right is a "GO" button. That button is not functioning, because as soon as you select a Topic Area, you are instantly taken there. So if you inadvertently select the wrong area, you cannot change your selection in time.
  • Is it possible to restore the Moderator's privilege of having an avatar image appear by our member names? I found that a useful feature, in that a reader can easily determine that a comment was posted by a Moderator.
  • Is it possible to restore everyone's privilege of including a photo in our profiles?

Edited to add one more:
  • There are no Moderators assigned to the Instructors Topic Area.

paul32

I'm away for a while and what do I come back to find? :shock:

My first impression is I don't like it. In part I'm posting to see if it will work. I assume we're stuck with this, so I'll have to figure out if I can figure out what I've read and what's new. :?

realolman

Good Grief!

I'ts no disgrace to be dumb, but it's unhandy as heck.

I been havin some problems with my computer, and I reinstalled the operating system and got different Antivirus .

I got it going again just when this forum changed. It could not have been timed any better.

I been spending the last several days searching for fixes ,trying to figure out what the heck I did that I don't see the pictures and stuff on this site like I did. Plus it didn't come back to the same forum I used to go to.

I have mixed emotions :x :p I'm glad it ain't my computer.

Looks like we moved to a cheaper neighborhood... but it seems clean. The neighbors seem nice.

I like the last post times and stuff. That was something tht was always on other forums I have been on, and I always had to figure it out on this one.

As long as we'e re all together.

Good Grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.