Closed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasasparky

Should a closed thread stay closed, even for moderators?
Not trying to stir the pot...let's just keep it fair...

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Yes, maybe, depends, yes, of course it should, no, no it should not, well, maybe again, well maybe again not, oh, whoa as me, let's just forget it. :D

Roger

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Not trying to stir the pot...let's just keep it fair...

Bottom line is the moderators have the discretion to comment and close any thread that they want. Since poor spelling really annoys me if I'm having a bad day maybe I'll close every thread or delete every post with a misspelled word. :wink:

bphgravity

From what I can tell, it has only happened twice, and both on the same subject matter by the same moderator, both on the same day. I doubt it ever happens again. At least not in the same manner.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Moderators should not be constrained in the performance of our duties. Or at least, not without a raise in pay. Oh that's right. We don't get paid. So I guess that if I were to reopen a closed thread just long enough to post one more comment, which I have done several times in the last three years and which I feel free to do again should I think it appropriate, and if anyone thinks that is unfair, then I suppose you could ask Mike to reduce my salary. Or perhaps we should all just treat this as the non-issue that it is.

wptski

I remember one that was closed after the moderator had the last word and then open it again so one of their friends could post. It was then closed again. This was all done in a very short time span, so short that I was able to edit my post voicing my opinion on the moderator's action. My edit wasn't noticed and therefore wasn't deleted.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Bill, I went looking, and this is all I came up with. Is this the case you were referring to? Over a year ago? (I am closing this thread, so your answer will have to be a PM, if you're interested in clarifying.)

I think we all (everybody everybody) have a moment or two in our lives when we don't behave as classy as we would have hoped to if we had another stab at it.

Moderators get the last word in a closing thread. That kind of has to be, as usually we need to explain publicly to anyone interested who closed it and why.

Now, I am closing this thread. My reasons are manifold, but the primary reason is that it is not electrical in nature.

We welcome all comments regarding how you believe moderators should behave, and where any one of us has screwed up recently. There is no need for a public thread to address this, you can send me (or any mod) a PM and we'll take it into genuine consideration. This is not a "conspiracy cover-up" situation, it's just a question of poor taste to hash this out in a thread.

Any issues with the closure of this thread can be addressed to me, via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.