Funky Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul

The Funky Bag

Has anyone used this product? We have one on the current job I'm on and I'm thoroughly impressed. Very simple to use. Just place the leather bag with two magnetic strips at the top of the panel on the underside and drill. All the shavings go into the bag and not down into the panel or gear. I just ordered one for my van.

celtic

mdshunk said:
Never used one or heard of them. If they come with that model in the link, I'll take two.

Two bags or two models ;)

I'm kind of hooked on my duct tape and cardboard...not much interest in them being stolen.

mdshunk

celtic said:
I'm kind of hooked on my duct tape and cardboard...not much interest in them being stolen.
If I drilled lots of panels, I'd probably have one. I don't see it as a van stock item, but perhaps something to keep one or two of at the shop for whoever feels they might need it. I have had no special issues with cardboard and rags, as they seem to serve the same function for me. I do have a round magnet with a hole in the middle that catches most of the chips when drilling for the pilot of a slugbuster punch.

paul

I happen to drill alot of panels. They are mostly in data centers, which the owners seem to be very picky about. So where I sit, it is a great idea and a good tool to have.

As for the model...I could only wish she delivered the product.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
They seem to be saying that if you use their product, then OSHA will let you work in an energized panel....you can't.
Don

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
One of the problems I see a lot of in our damp and salt air area is the metal chips in a cabinet, if not cleaned out daily, corrode and leave rust marks on the cabinet interior. This funky bag would help prevent that.

Status
Not open for further replies.