fire alarm detector inside shower or bath

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbalsam1

Within the shower zone or bathtub zone seems like a terrible place to locate an alarm/detector since the superheated air would trigger just about any alarm/detector. Maybe a rate-of-rise in a large enough bathroom away from showers and tubs. Check NFPA 72. :)

RICK NAPIER

According to the National Fire Alarm Code NFPA 72 smoke detectors are not permitted in areas above 92% humidity unless specifically designed for the use and in residential uses are required to be 3 feet away from bathrooms.

nakulak

I've often thought of installing a flame detector in my bathroom in case I was to spontaneously combust while taking a shower.

wbalsam1

I've often thought of installing a flame detector in my bathroom in case I was to spontaneously combust while taking a shower.
Don't worry. The water should dowse any flames as quickly as they appear. Just shower with the water on at full force just to be safe.:D

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector

Well the fire dept. would call it an "electrical fire" and blame you anyhow. :smile:

480sparky

Don't worry. The water should dowse any flames as quickly as they appear. Just shower with the water on at full force just to be safe.:D

Wow. You must take some really long showers. 24 hours every day?
giggle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.