number of meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

Sure, I've seen it done. Usually it's up to the PoCo and the AHJ, but as I said I've seen a single business that has multiple meters for their building. I don't see what difference it makes to the Poco, as they get their money no matter what.

tshea

Maybe!
I think it depends on your local jurisdiction and POCO.

In my area, as long as both services are seperated by 150' it's ok. Another deciding factor is seperation by a firewall including some type of roof penetration.

Check with the AHJ & POCO.

They would likely have to pay two monthly meter charges, but a small price to pay i guess.....Around here I think its about 5 bucks a month for the meter. Plus there is a fun game you can play in a sitution like this, its called energy wars - see which side can get the biggest bill at the end of the month :twisted:

Jim W in Tampa

electrofelon said:
They would likely have to pay two monthly meter charges, but a small price to pay i guess.....Around here I think its about 5 bucks a month for the meter. Plus there is a fun game you can play in a sitution like this, its called energy wars - see which side can get the biggest bill at the end of the month :twisted:
Reason this will happen is because we are talking about 2 leased units.Should the tenant leave the owner does not want the cost of rewiring.Think its $8 a month here.But that is nothing compared to the price tag of rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.