"listed" ? Ul

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
In the Dec. issue of EC&M about half the magazine is devoted to "counterfeit" products and the dangers of them. They make some vague suggestions on how to spot them and report them. It was an interesting read, and got me thinking about how many "potential" fraud items are at local parts houses.
One item I saw yesterday (and purchased one) was a dimmer #56300by "Enerlites" They are a real company and make many products. This dimmer was much cheaper then the equivalent in a Lutron "Diva" about 1/2 the cost. The dimmer says UL stamped into it and has numbers on it but when I go to the UL web sight and enter the numbers they come back as other then a dimmer. It makes me wonder if I have a counterfeit part or if UL is just not clear in how they show a part listed.
What labeling is required for a UL listed part? Should it have more then just UL stamped into it? Should the instructions included with it have the UL information?

Just for information reasons the Part I have is a Enerlite dimmer the numbers on it ( that look like they should be UL numbers are a white paper sticker with 04250801 and on the yoke of the device it is stamped E317406

Status
Not open for further replies.