Share Your Avatar Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
At my wife's work, there is a cat with some sort of malady that literally looks like Bill the Cat. When I said that, she couldn't recall the character.

We worked through it.

Bloom County going out was a flippin' crime.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Celtic:

I just saw that Calvin and Hobbes strip yesterday. After flushing the toilet, Calvin walks in and tells his mom:

"I'm finished with my bath."
"Hmm, that was quick."

I think both Calvin & Hobbes and Bloom County were great. But it was dissapointing both writers quit the strips. Schultz never would have quit Charlie Brown after 5 years.

Steve

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Hot food, hot sauces, and growing peppers.

Roger

mario

... I "AM' the "Original Super Mario" ... NUF SED...

Having said that ... how in the world did you guys get the "Pixels" down small enough to post ...

Occupation
Inspector
Took this photo while I was on a dive about a year ago. Did not realize I had the DiveMaster in the frame until I viewed it on the boat.

I think it's a cool shot.

jwelectric

Google search and change often

This one is because in three weeks we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ although most parents lie to their children about some bunny.
:)

paul

I just picked one out of my collection that wasn't too obscene.

I have this one on a forum I post on
Kitty.gif

as well as this one on another

bigdancer.gif

celtic

steve66 said:
Celtic:

I just saw that Calvin and Hobbes strip yesterday. After flushing the toilet, Calvin walks in and tells his mom:

"I'm finished with my bath."
"Hmm, that was quick."

I think both Calvin & Hobbes and Bloom County were great. But it was dissapointing both writers quit the strips. Schultz never would have quit Charlie Brown after 5 years.

Steve

Watterson, who does Calvin and Hobbes, didn't actual "quit". He quit having the strip in the papers because "he believed that the artistic value of comics was being undermined, and that the space they occupied in newspapers continually decreased and was subject to arbitrary whims of publishers". Pretty tough stuff for a cartoonist, no?

Bill Watterson

And yes, that was a "quick bath" LMAO.
[/url]

sparky_magoo

New avatar called for.

New avatar called for.

Since being slammed for not following California's Title 24 (like most contractors around here), I changed my avatar to a "Stimpy". This should be an appropriate badge of shame. :cry:

Minuteman

My avatar is a picture taken last year of my Marine son taken in Fallujah, Iraq. He is an infantryman with 1st Battalion, 3rd Marines and was part of the "clearing" of Fallujah. Not sure if you can see the captured AK47 he is holding? He also has his M249 S.A.W.

He is currently in Afghanistan and should be home this summer.

ramdiesel3500

Not sure where mine came from. Was e-mailed to me by my younger brother! I have a diesel pick-up truck with a 6-speed manual tranny that is somewhat of a hobby to me!

This is how I drive it!!!

monkey

I have a pic I would like to use for my avatar but I don't know how to reduce it to 80 x 80 pixels. I have Windows XP Media Center along with the standard "My Pictures" program. If anyone could tell me how to do it I'd sure appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.