Old house turned into an 8 room apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to estimate a job on this old house that is now an 8 bedroom apartment. It is in bad shape. They have 8 indoor 100 amp panels that are surface mounted on the back side of the house , like 2 on top of each other pretty much. You got 4 downstairs and 4 upstairs. I have to replace them with Raintight panels. The SE cable looks fine coming from the meter base. The thing is Im wondering is that the Homeruns are coming to the outside of the house under the panel and coming up in the bottom of the panel. ROMEX! It is unreal to even look at it. I was wondering if I could but like a PVC junction box where the romex comes out and stubb like an 1-1/2 PVC conduit into the panel? Any thoughts? Thanks

growler

I am trying to estimate a job on this old house that is now an 8 bedroom apartment. It is in bad shape. They have 8 indoor 100 amp panels that are surface mounted on the back side of the house , like 2 on top of each other pretty much. You got 4 downstairs and 4 upstairs. I have to replace them with Raintight panels. The SE cable looks fine coming from the meter base. The thing is Im wondering is that the Homeruns are coming to the outside of the house under the panel and coming up in the bottom of the panel. ROMEX! It is unreal to even look at it. I was wondering if I could but like a PVC junction box where the romex comes out and stubb like an 1-1/2 PVC conduit into the panel? Any thoughts? Thanks

I think I'm safe in suggesting this. Whatever you decide to do since there are eight of them I think I would run the plan by the inspector and see how they feel about it. I would give the inspection department a call even before bidding.

The more times I read this the more it bothers me. With those panels this house may be condemned and if it is they can make you do all sort of things to bring it up to code.

You may know what's going on but if I were to just drive up to a job like this I would check things out before bidding.

Hey man thanks for the input. It is unreal to even look at the house. I will get with the inspector and give him a scoop of what i have planed. He already wrote down whats need to be done. Im just bidding on what he wrote down to the bank that forclosed it. The bank is just tryin to make it kinda livable so they can sell it " as is ".

Status
Not open for further replies.