Need Panel Cover!

Status
Not open for further replies.

juptonstone

I recently did a 3 phase/single phase a/c job. When I got there to do the estimate, everything was torn apart, covers off AC, electrical panels, etc. I did the job and then found out that the client never had that particular panel cover. The inspector fialed the job because of the missing cover and said that he would accept no cover other than the original, manufacturer specified cover... It's a 1964/65? ITE or murray single phase 40 circuit 200amp panel with no main breaker... so it's impossible to find. The client refuses to pay for the job now, unless I either find that cover, or replace the entire panel for free... I have a friend who offered to make a new cover in his machine shop, but the inspector refused even that! Any ideas?

Split Bolt

How did a cover that was missing before you got involved become YOUR problem? Sounds like an unreasonable homeowner. You may need to consult with your lawyer on this one! It'll be nearly impossible to find that cover!

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Unless the customer claims you lost the cover then I think that customer needs to pay. See if you can get the inspector to pass all the work you did in some sort of letter explaining the AHJ issues. THat way you have something to stand on,.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
Sleazzzzz Customers

Sleazzzzz Customers

I recently did a 3 phase/single phase a/c job. When I got there to do the estimate, everything was torn apart, covers off AC, electrical panels, etc. I did the job and then found out that the client never had that particular panel cover. The inspector fialed the job because of the missing cover and said that he would accept no cover other than the original, manufacturer specified cover... It's a 1964/65? ITE or murray single phase 40 circuit 200amp panel with no main breaker... so it's impossible to find. The client refuses to pay for the job now, unless I either find that cover, or replace the entire panel for free... I have a friend who offered to make a new cover in his machine shop, but the inspector refused even that! Any ideas?
I had the same thing happen and had to change the panel:mad:
only after calling my lawer did i get paid

Status
Not open for further replies.