Good day, good ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
I had a great day Saturday. Worked with a former employer at a local plant. Helped with a wire pull, 2 sets of 350's in parallel conduits. No crawl spaces, no attics, barely got dirty. Just got my hands stained with Aqua Gel. Almost a vacation. Worked until 12:30, got paid well and went home encouraged. Those were good guys to work for. They always organize their jobs well and are well equipped.

They had a great idea I hadn't thought of before. About 200 feet into the runs, after several bends, they installed 2 foot sections of line gutter, in case they had to pull there and then feed from there. The gutters gave plenty of space to feed wire and manage loops if needed. Much better than C's in that instance and probably didn't cost much more than C's either. All turned out well, wire pulled right on through with no hitches at all. I will sure keep gutters in mind after that. I could probably use them in place of LB's when turning into a crawl space from a meter base, and have an easier time with 4/0 cable. Gutter doesn't look bad either.

jmellc

Occupation
I sure saw the advantage of it there, even though we didn't have to split the pull from there. It was there if need be and I will sure use gutter next occasion to arise.

jumper

. I could probably use them in place of LB's when turning into a crawl space from a meter base, and have an easier time with 4/0 cable. Gutter doesn't look bad either.

Chris Kennedy already beat you to the idea. Here is a picture of his:

chrislb.jpg

ritelec

after several bends, they installed 2 foot sections of line gutter, in case they had to pull there and then feed from there. The gutters gave plenty of space to feed wire and manage loops if needed. Much better than C's in that instance and probably didn't cost much more than C's either.

Nice..........:thumbsup:

Realizing of course, they would have to be supported (secured).

jmellc

Occupation
Nice..........:thumbsup:

Realizing of course, they would have to be supported (secured).

Supported with 3/8" rod, hung from bar joists & crossbeams. No sharp edges in the gutter. End of rods flush with nuts.

jmellc

Occupation
Chris Kennedy already beat you to the idea. Here is a picture of his:

chrislb.jpg

Yes, I like that. I would do it from bottom of meter base to 90 in to crawl space. Maybe to attic to feed panel overhead. I seldom have that situation any more. Nearly always feed under.

jmellc

Occupation
Have you ever seen a gutter that is 3R rated in a vertical position? I haven't....

I've seen outside gutters in vertical and horizontal. But since you asked, I will check further. Maybe some details have been missed by both installers & inspectors. Small details can sometimes elude us.

Status
Not open for further replies.