Electrical Equipment Tagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chan

Mike/ All,
Are there any standards that call for the tagging of electrical equipment...I am familiar with instrumentation being assigned an instrument tag, with a stainless steel id affixed to the transmitter, valve body or other type of instrument is this as per a particular standard, and if you know the standard and also are there similar standard requirements for IDs for electrical equipment, lights, pumps etc?

Thanks looking forward to your reply

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Mike/ All,
Are there any standards that call for the tagging of electrical equipment...I am familiar with instrumentation being assigned an instrument tag, with a stainless steel id affixed to the transmitter, valve body or other type of instrument is this as per a particular standard, and if you know the standard and also are there similar standard requirements for IDs for electrical equipment, lights, pumps etc?

Thanks looking forward to your reply
I don't know of any standards. The only places I've seen "everything" tagged is power plants... and no two power companies I know of use the exact same convention. I believe engineering created the companies' conventions.

Tarbaby

NFPA 70 110.22

NFPA 70 110.22

Take a look at this article in NFPA 70, it talks about identifying the disconnecting means. However, there are exceptions. OSHA in the USA also requires the same. I find it a good practice to identify every electrical enclosure for what it is and what are it sources. Both the major supply and if control power comes from another source.

Status
Not open for further replies.