0-10v in shared conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERICLANGTON25

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
With a class 2 controller i came across all the 0-10v wires in a shared conduit. My question is can they share the conduot and 2 docthey count agaist fill calcs?

EC Dan

Occupation
E&C Manager
Share with what? Power circuits? No. Class 1 circuits? Maybe, if you re-classify as Class 1. Other Class 2 or Class 3 circuits? Yes.

ERICLANGTON25

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Its a class 2 0-10v dimmer controller that is sharing conduit with it's 120v switch legs so my question is can they share a conduit which I believe they can but my main question is do they count towards fill?

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
I don't have the Article 725 reference handy, but my recollection is that if the 0-10v dimmer controls and the 120V circuits are all individual wires in the conduit, that's a violation. Additional separation is required; the only way to have them both within the same conduit is to put either the dimmer controls or the 120V circuits on a cable method inside the conduit, e.g. 14/2 NM cable.

Regardless, they certainly all count towards conduit fill, I think the 0-10v dimmer controls may not count for derating.

Cheers, Wayne

EC Dan

Occupation
E&C Manager
I don't have the Article 725 reference handy, but my recollection is that if the 0-10v dimmer controls and the 120V circuits are all individual wires in the conduit, that's a violation. Additional separation is required; the only way to have them both within the same conduit is to put either the dimmer controls or the 120V circuits on a cable method inside the conduit, e.g. 14/2 NM cable.

This is correct [725.136(I)(1)]. UF or MC cable would also be acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.