01 Adminstrators License trying to getting 01 trainee hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.Scott

I am an 02 Journeyman and was convinced to 01 Administrator Test and passed. Now that I have an 01 Administrators and 01 Traineed Card and 02 Journeyman; I am able to hire a 01 Journeyman Electrician to do Commercial work, but I am having a tough time finding the right 01 Journeyman. I am working on an estimate on a commercial job (I am confortable with commercial work, because I have some experience). But I am trying to find out how the right way to hire my Father in Law who is 01 Administrator and 01 Journeyman to supervise this commercial job and allow myself to get 01 trainee hours for it. Does any body know. I asked L&I and then couldn't give me advise but to seak an attorney, hmm.

iwire

Staff member
B. Welcome to the forum.

You should probably say what state or area you are asking about as these rules are made on the local level and not a national one.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Renton, Washington. Just down the road from me.

I am not sure what you are asking. If your father in law has the license, and is willing to take on the task of supervising your work (and signing off your trainee hours), it is just a matter of agreeing on terms. Washington law will require him to personally supervise you. It can't be in name only. So he will expect to get paid the going rate, since this will be a full time job for him and for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.